
Max Manuel Mendez ~ born 3 weeks ago tomorrow! Can I just say that I am SO thrilled that I was spared another 3 weeks of pregnancy?! Technically I should still be pregnant since Max's due date wasn't until Oct. 5th. He just decided to come early and since he was as healthy as could be I am totally okay with that! I was not a happy pregnant lady the last few weeks of my pregnancy. Everything hurt and I was SO tired all the time.
Well, if you haven't heard the story of how it all came about, here it is:
During my Thursday morning ladies' bible study Sept. 11th, my water broke..well, it trickled. I thought I peed on myself. When it happened again Friday morning I decided to go get it checked out. My midwife, Lois, checked me out and confirmed that my membranes had broken and that I needed to go home, gather my things and come back to the hospital to have this baby! Now, my desire and prayer was that I would not have to have another c-section. Maddie's heart rate kept dropping when I was in labor with her so they ended up doing an emergency c-section. My heart sunk when I was told that I most likely would need to have another c-section with Max since there was a high rish of infection being that my water had been broken for over 24hrs already. I was introduced to the doctor who would be doing it if this had to happen. I checked into the hospital noon on Friday. They kept me on antibiotics and monitered everything closely. Little Max's heart was good, there was no sign of infection so we just kept on laboring throughout the day as we watched the track of Hurricane Ike on TV. Minutes before Ike made landfall, Max entered our world at 2:02 am, Sept. 13th! Praise God for our healthy baby boy and for not having to endure another c-section!

3 comments:
Oh- congratulations, Lisa! He is beautiful! Jeni told me about your blog- it's awesome. I hope you don't mind I added you to my link list (it's easier for me to check it that way). I'd love it if you would beome one of my followers, too!
What a little blessing. Congrats!!
Oh Lisa, what a beautiful blessing! I can't wait to meet him! I miss you sooooo much!!
Post a Comment